War MemorialWar Memorial

The War Memorial is located on the village green at the junction of Faccombe Road and Stoney Lane.

The base is made of rubble and flint surmounted by a two step plinth on which stands an obelisk with a squared-off top.

The south side bears the inscription: 'for the homes and heritage of our children'

Poppiesand on the north side: '1914-1918 erected in honour of the men from this village who served in the Great War and in grateful memory of those who fell'

The west and east sides bear the roll of honour - 7 died, 51 served and returned.

War memorial, cleaned 2012

 

 

 

 

In Spring 2012, the memorial was professionally steam cleaned, paid for by funds raised by the village. It revealed many names that were previously illegible, greatly appreciated by a number those relatives are listed there. Click here to see the list of names.