Community Safety

Police, Fire & Rescue, Ambulance 
Community Schemes
Emergency Planning
Flooding and Pollution
Streets & Public Transport Emergencies 
Utility Emergencies 
Social Care and Support (Children and Adults)


Police, Fire & Rescue, Ambulance

In an emergency

999 or 112

Only dial if:

  • life is at risk
  • injury caused or threatened
  • crime or disorder in progress
  • emergency situations
  • offenders are nearby


For general enquiries or to report crime which is not an emergency- 101

Local policing

To find information on what local policing does in relation to the area in which we live, beat surgery times, and lots more interesting and useful information visit

101 service

Police and local authority services (not emergency or general enquiries) Use to report:

  • Vandalism and graffiti
  • Noise nuisance
  • Threatening and abusive behaviour
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Dumping and fly-tipping
  • Drunk and rowdy groups
  • Drug related anti-social behaviour
  • Broken street lighting

Click here to return to top of page

Community Schemes

Borough Community Safety Scheme Committed to developing sustainable communities where both crime and the fear of it are reduced.  You can find out more at

Country Watch

PC Lee Coleshill 07768 552907


An independent charity, not part of the police or government, that helps to solve crime.  Members of the public can give information anonymously about crime or criminals by calling 0800 555 111

Neighbourhood Watch

neighbourhood Watch logo

PCSO Abbey Carpenter usually acts as the local NW contact. Please remember that all crime should be reported to the Hampshire Police switchboard on 101

Police community support officers can be emailed at

Click here to return to top of page
Emergency Planning

Ashmansworth Parish Emergency PlanThe parishes of Ashmansworth, Highclere and East Woodhay have prepared an official Emergency Plan to ensure that they are prepared to deal effectively with any emergency event affecting the local community.

To view the plan, click on the cover image to the right...

General information

For general advice and information on how to prepare for and what to do in an emergency, visit also has general information on the plans that the local authorities have in place to support the emergency services when events occur that are beyond their normal capacity to deal with unaided.

Flooding and Pollution


24 hour emergency 0845 988 1188 Visit for flood warnings and other useful information and advice on what to do before, during and after a flood.


24 hour incident hotline 0800 807 060

  • use to report:
  • damage or danger to the natural environment
  • pollution to water or land
  • poaching or illegal fishing
  • fish in distress or dead fish
  • watercourse blocked by vehicle or fallen tree causing risk of flooding
  • illegal dumping of hazardous waste or large amounts of industrial waste
  • incidents at waste sites we regulate such as landfill, transfer station etc.
  • Illegal abstraction from watercourses
  • unusual drop in river flow
  • collapsed or badly damaged river or canal banks

Click here to return to top of page

Streets & Public Transport Emergencies to report emergency faults related to potholes, highway flooding, blocked gullies, overhanging vegetation, street lighting or traffic lights.

Utility Emergencies      


24 hour emergency 0800 072 72 82


24 hour emergency 0800 111 999

Water and Sewage

Bournemouth and West Hampshire Water 24 hour emergency 01202 590059

South East Water 24 hour emergency 0845 6021 724

Southern Water 24 hour emergency 0845 278 0845

Thames Water 24 hour emergency 0845 920 0800

Click here to return to top of page
Social Care and Support (Children and Adults)

If you have concerns for a child and want to talk to someone or ask them to find out what’s going on, visit to find out about Child Protection or for Childcare services.

Some adults may need social care or support during a crisis because of their age, long term ill-health or disability, or because they are caring for others.  Some may need protection from physical or mental abuse.  Visit to find out about accessing the county’s services.